Atom text editor ubuntu free download for windows
Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor for macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Windows with support for plug-ins written in Node.js, and embedded Git Control, developed by GitHub. Atom is a desktop application built using web technologies. Most of the extending packages have free software licenses and are community-built and maintained. An Atom text editor ubuntu is based on Electron (formerly known as Atom Shell), a framework that enables cross-platform desktop applications using Chromium and Node.js.
The Atom text editor can itself as a hackable and it means allows as new and intermediate programmers the chance to create their own text editor without years of work or programming experience. It is an open source text editor Install Atom ubuntu 18 and that has made altering its code even easier than ever.
Customize text editor
Like most other configurable text editors, Atom enables users to install third-party packages and themes to customize the features and looks of the editor. Packages can be installed, managed and published via Atom’s package manager app.
Atom comes pre-installed with four UI and eight syntax themes in both dark and light colors. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Install themes created by the Atom community or create your own.
Atom text editor ubuntu Features
- Cross-platform editing – Atom works across operating systems. You can use it on OS X, Windows, or Linux.
- Built-in package manager – Search for and install new packages or start creating your own all from within Atom.
- Smart autocompletion – Atom helps you write code faster with a smart, flexible autocomplete.
- File system browser – Easily browse and open a single file, a whole project, or multiple projects in one window.
- Multiple panes – Split your Atom interface into multiple panes to compare and edit code across files.
- Find and replace – Find, preview, and replace text as you type in a file or across all your projects.
Programming language support
Atom’s default packages can apply syntax highlighting for the following programming languages and file formats.
- GitHub Flavored Markdown
- Property lists
- Ruby on Rails
- Shell scripts[specify]
- Atom text editor ubuntu
- Install Atom ubuntu 18
- Install Atom
- How to run atom in ubuntu
- Atom packages
- Atom githu